Wednesday 19 August 2009

A Wedding Gift.


I am keeping my fingers crossed that the recent good weather we have been blessed with will continue well into next week. Me & mine are attending a family wedding on Saturday & after much deliberating with the mother of the bride I have managed to re-create the exact wedding cake...in 1/12th scale!! It has been quite a challenge as each tier has an embossed pattern on it, (not too sure if it shows up well in the photo). I am very pleased with the finished result & I know the bride will be, too, although I really don't think the 20-something year old sports-mad groom will be that impressed, LOL. Still, it will be a nice keepsake of their big day for them.

5 comments:

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

It will be a wonderful reminder, after all, once its cut, thats it gone, but now they will be able to look at it and remember it in all its glory. Well done Kerry, its fab. have a smashing day, hope the weather stays lovely. Kate xx

Kim said...

Hi- popped over from another blog and have to say that if I was to get this memento of my wedding day I would be thrilled. It looks wonderful!

Kerry said...

Thank you Kate & Kim, & thank you for following my blog. It is now Saturday morning, I have been up bright & early & I am really looking forward to today. The sun is already shining & hopefully it will continue to do so throughout the day.
Kerry.x.

Jo Raines said...

Quite beautiful work! I found you through Fluffy Bricks--congratulations!

Jody
http://minileapsandbounds.blogspot.com/

Daisy said...

Wonderful miniatures!