Tuesday 31 August 2010

Oh, What a night!!













After months & months of careful planning & buying I celebrated my 40th birthday on Saturday with a fun-filled retro 70's style party surrounded by family & friends. And I can honestly say, hand on heart, that it really was the best night of my life so far, I had so much fun!! It was fantastic to be surrounded by people I love & everyone had a great time, so much so that the last person to leave didn't leave until 10 a.m. Monday morning, LOL. I recieved a mountain of birthday cards & some lovely presents, but I also got the shock of my life. My partner of 3 years surprised me with a proposal & engagement ring!! Even after 3 days of trying to get used to the idea that I will be getting married I am still in shock. I guess he thought I might be bored of having nothing to plan now the party's over, so now I have a wedding to plan!! :o)
With all the party planning going on I didn't plan on getting many miniatures made last week, until I recieved an e-mail from the wonderful Martha Puff (American Artisan) who is doing a couple of features for Dollshouse & Miniatures Scene Magazine (U.K.) & Dollshouse Miniatures Magazine (U.S.A.) who would like to feature my miniatures for the up-coming Festive/Holiday editions, so I had to quickly rustle up a few festive miniatures & send her the photos. This will be the first time I am to feature in an American miniatures magazine & I am quite excited about it, Martha has even promised to send me a copy of the magazine when it comes out over there!!
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the photos & have a fantastic week. Kerry :o) .x.

6 comments:

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

OMG CONGRATULATIONS KERRY!! How wonderful, a wedding to plan! You'll have such fun with that!! So pleased for you, and that it was the perfect birthday too! Cant wait to see the article in AM, I love that mag!

Love and Hugs, Kate xxx

Mags Cassidy said...

Congrats Kerry - hope you'll be wearing that outfit to York...LOL
Mags

Eva said...

Happy birthday Kerry and congratulations for your wedding and for the Aim! How exciting all those surprises.
Your work is amazing so well deserved.
I turned out 40 last december... it is a wonderful time!!

onbeingaminimum said...

Congratulations on all the surprises!

linsminis said...

Congrats Kerry on both the party, engagement & being featured in one of Martha's wonderful articles....everything she covers is always the best!! Mini hugs, Linda :-))

Unknown said...

¡Felicidades! Ha sido un dia precioso.
Besos Clara