Saturday 16 April 2011

Never put off until tomorrow...

what I should've done months ago!! After the last computer drama/crisis (were I completely lost over six years of work, accounts, photos, etc) you would've thought that I would have learnt my lesson & backed everything up on discs or flash drives when I received a replacement computer, but...noooooooooo, I kept putting it off & putting it off until...Bam!! got up Wednesday morning & couldn't get the bl***y thing to work!! Now, to be fair, I knew the replacement computer was only going to be temporary & I knew that eventually I would have to buy a new one, & I knew I really, really should've backed everything up, but as usual just didn't get around to it. Thankfully there was only about six months work that I have lost this time, but still, I would have preferred not to lose any of it. I have now got a brand spanking new computer (first time ever!!) courtesy of 'The Family' & I'm still finding my way round, but I LOVE IT!! And I have a flash drive to hand ready to back everything up, Yeah!! Lesson learnt (fingers crossed). I hope you all have a fantastic weekend (I'm going to spend most of it indoors playing with my new 'toy' lol). Hugs, Kerry.x.

3 comments:

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

Im the same, never learn! I lost loads of prescious family pics, documents etc and vowed to back it all up ....next time' but still havnt so Ill take a leaf out of your book ! My eldest daughter Emily, bought a hard drive back up, only £35 from PC world and it has backed up all her music, pictures etc and she has loads on her laptop so I think they are good value and worth having! Have fun! Kate xx

shannonc60 said...

Did you investigate whether you could get the data from your old computer? When mine died, my husband took the hard drive out, connected it to the new computer and got everything off it. I suppose it depends what part died and how.

Kerry said...

Hi Shannon, we've kept the hard drive & will be trying to retrieve everything from it, but it was an old computer & I knew it wasn't going to last very long. I am hoping that all my old data can be saved, but I have learnt a valuable lesson in all of this & will be saving everything from now on.x.