Thursday 16 June 2011

Real Life, Facebook & Colourful Candies.

As many of you know, my son had a minor accident the other week & broke his wrist. On our first visit afterwards to see the consultant we were told that the break was more complicated than first thought & that he would have to go into theatre where they would manipulate the bone into place & re-plaster it. After a ten hour stay at the hospital he now has a cast from his fingers to his shoulder, this is so that there is not any movement at all which could hinder recovery. Sadly, one of his main interests, kickboxing, is now on hold for a couple of months & he will miss a grading, but his instructor has informed us that he can arrange it for a later date. Thankfully his other interest, drumming, can continue as his drum tutor has told him that he will teach him to drum one-handed as it is a useful technique to know. Now, I don't know about anyone else but I struggle to make minis if someone else is in the house as they always want to distract me and as my son has been off school for a couple of weeks & the week before that my fiance was off work for a weeks holiday, I don't seem to have made as many minis as I would have liked, much to my frustration. Although, one of the benefits of my son been here has been that he has sat with me in my workroom watching films of his choice, namely the 'Harry Potter' series along with 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' and 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory', 'The Santa Clause' trilogy, 'The Grinch' & various Disney films, which all helped to inspire me to make this...
A 'Cakes, Cookies & Candy' Table. Whimsical & colourful, but still with a little bit of work needed on it. Whenever I make a new piece I always face the dilemma of where to place it for sale, shall I put it on eBay, Etsy or take it to a fair?, so while I am still 'titivating' this I will ponder for a little bit longer over what to do with it. I am also in the process of creating a 'Pink Princess Party Table' and this...

...is going to be the centrepiece. A Rapunzel/Disney's Tangled inspired novelty cake. Once everything is finished & in place I will show more photos.

Facebook...

I have now deleted my old Facebook account (too many game requests that I wasn't interested in & people adding me to groups that I really don't have time to keep up with) & set up a new 'fan' page. The link is to the right under 'interesting links', I hope to see you all there.

Have a super fab & fun weekend, hugs, Kerry.x.

9 comments:

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

Hey Kerry, oh your poor son, I didnt realise it was so bad bless him, hope its on the mend soon! But hes got you in the right mood eh those minis are fab! Ive been candy making like made too, with inspiration from the Potter and Willy Wonka films also! The castle is a feat for the eyes, the table will be amazing. Ill be sure to check out your new FB page, I hardly ever get on there, I just set up the page to keep up to date with others work really, never have time to load anything on of my own and cant stand all the strange requests, quizzes, etc!Take care, Im sure youll be back in the swing of things soon but for now it certainly dosnt look like hes making your work suffer, it all looks great! Kate xxx

Dark Squirrel Victoria said...

I love the Cakes, Cookies and Candies table. So magical, maybe Ebay. I know what you mean about working when others are home :) Your poor son, I hope he is on the mend now. His movies are great inspiration for sweets :)

Hugs
Victoria

Kerry said...

Hi Kate, we didn't realise how bad the break was either until we were told :o( such a simple accident but a complicated break, but he's doing great now, they are keeping the full cast on him (didn't know whether they were going to put a smaller one on) for the whole duration & he doesn't have to go back to see the consultant for 3 weeks & hopefully then they will remove it. He's gone back to school now & I've gone back to watching my choice of film to put me in the right frame of mind for making spooky minis for my house :o). Facebook was really getting on my nerves with all the game requests, quizzes, etc, so I thought it would be easier to have a 'fan' page instead. I've moved most of the photos across & I'm still in the process of trying to find all the other 'fan' pages that I liked so I can still like them. Hugs, Kerry.x.

Kerry said...

Hi Victoria, thank you so much!! I found your page on Facebook again so I am once again a 'liker'. I didn't realise that once I'd deleted my old account I wouldn't be able to see others walls, even if they were a 'liker' of mine, so please I've found yours though coz I've seen what you've made me, he he!! They are fantastic!! I'm not going to show you yours until I have finished them all & I am happy with them :o) Hugs, Kerry.x.

Maria Ireland said...

Sorry to hear about your son i bet he enjoyed all the attention he got Though lol. I love your table setting its wonderful so bright and cheerful. :)

Kerry said...

Hi Maria, he has been getting a lot of attention, lol, & loving every minute of it :o) So pleased you like the candy table.
Hugs, Kerry.x.

Michelle said...

Gosh these are fabulous, I love them, especially the bright ones. :o))

Your poor son! I've experienced very complicated fractures myself and they are nasty. He is on the mend now - properly, so wishing him a speedy recovery!

Michelle xx

Kerry said...

Hi Michelle, thank you!! I love the bright colours of the candy table too, at first I was going to do it just in pink, white & green but I'm glad I added the orange to it. My son is recovering quickly, thankfully,I still can't believe that he got such a nasty break from such a simple accident (he fell off a swing).
Hugs, Kerry.x.

Petite-Pantry said...

Hope your son is on the mend soon ! He seems to be getting more attention than the minis !! Lol amazing work I think the colours are perfect !! I wouldnt change a thing. X